about the author links
home maps
stories
closures
collieries men at work machines

Garw Valley Collieries

Ffaldau Colliery in 1986 after closure.
The van in the picture belongs to the contractors who had come to demolish the pit.

It was the first colliery in the area to be really modernised by its owners Powell Dyffryn (who had purchased it from Cory Brothers) before Nationalisation in 1947.

2 of 73

Ffaldau Colliery in 1986 after closure.

first | previous | next | last | back to garw collieries intro

Google
 
about the author links
home maps
stories
closures
collieries men at work machines

©all words and pictures on this site are copyright of Bernard Ingram and Black Cat Design